Sunday, February 03, 2008

Ramblings...

I've spent a lot of time thinking about life these past few weeks. This is what I've come up with so far.

On The Patriots: They say "nobody's perfect." And yet, the Pats have a chance to do something tonight that no one has ever done. It makes me wonder...what will happen tomorrow, win or lose? What will the Pats be remembered for? Will it be their season, their stats, spygate? I think in the end, this will just be another chapter in the Patriots history book. Tomorrow, we are all 0-0 again, and people will start thinking about the draft....and those Sox!

On Leap Year Day: We all had a "piggy bank" as a kid. Maybe now it is a jar. We put all that spare change in it so that one day we'll have enough money to actually buy something useful. Even banks offer those "keep the change" accounts that put all that money away. Nobody saves up all that money only to spend it on something they don't want. So why is it that Leap Year Day is not a holiday? Why do we have work? We save up that time, a little bit every day. After four years, we have enough time to make a day. It should be a holiday, so we can actually spend it how we want. I think I'll email my Senator...

1 comment:

Princess B said...

I like that Leap Day idea.

Obstack for President!