Sunday, May 14, 2006

Erica Has the Magic Touch

Erica is getting a little worried because it seems lately, whatever she touches breaks. Let's recap what has happened so far:

1. Last week, when turning on the kitchen lights, they flashed and went out. Turns out one of the under-cabinet lights was defective, and caused the dimmer to short out. After installing a new dimmer, I now have to wire a new cabinet light...the faulty light is toast. Total repair cost: $50.

2. Saturday, Erica went to fluch the toilet upstairs and the handle broke. Ironically, my fun plans for Saturday was to include replacing all the inside parts of the toilet, including the handle. We had a leaky gasket that was causing the toilet to run. This is normal wear and tear, and I just figured I could replace everything now, then I'd know how old all the gaskets were. Total replacement cost: $20.

3. Friday, Erica was getting ready for school when the tv began to make weird noises. Soon, the smell of burn wire made her unplug everything. Turns out our projection tv, just six months off it's two-year extended warentee, decided it was time to go. So, needless to say, we are in the market for a new projection tv. Estimated replacement cost: $1,000.00

Now, don't take this post to mean I am being a "home-moaner", or that I am in any way upset with Erica. Actually, I think its quite funny that it all seems to be happening to her! And, we'll get a new-and-improved tv out of the deal, even if we do have to pay for it. Life goes on....

No comments: