Sunday, May 14, 2006

Rain Drops Keep Falling On My Head...

Last fall, during the downpours, I realized I have a roof leak. A brown spot in my dining room suggested the problem was where my dormer windows meet my roof line. So, I figured flashing or a bad seal was to blame, although the roof is less than 10 years old. So this Spring, with the snow gone, I hired a roofer to repair BOTH dormers (even though the other had showed no signs of a leak). The roofer came last week, fixed the leaky dormer, and got half-way through the office one when the rain started. So they called me and said "Don't worry, we left it watertight...we'll come back and finish it when the rain stops". Its been raining, quite severely, for three days straight. Erica has no school tomorrow, due to many streets being closed. My sump pump has not stopped. There is water starting to come into my basement. And yes, both dormers are leaking water into my office and dining room.

I hate rain.

No comments: