Thursday, February 01, 2007

My Adventures in Surgery (By Brady Stack)

As most of you know I was going to the hospital today to get tubes in my ears. We had to get to the hospital for 6:30 am. I don't usually even get up until 7:00! Anyways, they took me and mama and dada into a room where I had to put on a gown that opened in the back (it was chilly) They also gave me a pair of pants that were WAY TO BIG! I couldn't walk around because I would trip on them. Then they told Mama that she could come to the operating room with me until I fell asleep. She had to put on a funny white suit and booties and hair net. She walked with me to the operating room then put me on the table. I was not thrilled with this but I was okay. They put a mask on my face and about 5 breaths later mama said my eyes rolled back in my head and they told her she could leave. 20 Minutes later Mama and Dada were told they could come to recovery. At first they couldn't find the room, then they heard me screaming at the top of my lungs. I was scared and shaking, but once mama held me for a little while I was okay and we went home! I loved being home today, I got to run around and play with mama and my toys all day! and you know what I hear alot better. The doc said that my hearing was definately being affected. I hear so much better already! all in all it wasn't too bad and if this stops my ear infections It was all worth it.

2 comments:

Boston Pam said...

Get Well Soon, Brady! I bet we'll be hearing some more words now that he can hear better!

Christina said...

Yay Brady, you're SO BRAVE!