Thursday, September 11, 2008

2 hospitals in one week.

Last Thursday I woke up at 1am with stomach pains. Brian stayed home and took care of the daycare kids while I stayed up stairs, figuring this was going to be a quick thing and I'd probably feel better by lunch time. This was not the case. by 11:00 I had become so sick that I was dehydrated and was in severe pain. Brian's sister Alyssa came and took me to the ER. I figured they'd give me fluids and send me on my way again not the case. They did an ultrasound, an X-ray which showed nothing then decided to do a CT scan. This showed inflamation in my intsetines, that is when I got the news that I wasn't going home. I was told I could have nothing by mouth not even water. They had been giving me morphine for the pain but that gave me a migraine so they switched me over to dilauded, that made me a little loopy. I got up to a room around 9:30 on thursday night and there I stayed until 7;30 Sunday night. they helped manage the pain with meds and then started me on a clear liquid diet for a few days then on Sunday I finally got some real food, you would think after not eating for 3 days I would have been happy about this but I mainly just ate something to get out of the hospital! A special thank you to Shanna and Dave who took the boys all day Friday and over night, and thank you to Dustin and Elizabeth who took care of the boys and my inlaws who took care of the boys and to my parents who stayed with me at the hospital while Brian was trying to do his part with the boys.

Today Brady had to go to the hospital at 6:30 to have a tube put back in his right ear. He did really well! he asked to go home about 10,000 times but he never really cried or whined. I felt bad for him because he did get sick after comming out of the anesthia but we were home by 9:45 and by 10:00 he was running around like a mad man! A special thanks to Grammy who got up very early and took some time out of work to come with us to the hospital! Thanks Grammy We Love You!
Lets hope that this is the last time we see the inside of a hospital for a long time!

1 comment:

Princess B said...

Ohhh you poor guys--hope everyone is feeling better!