Saturday, January 14, 2006

The Great Dining Room Make-Over: The Beginning


Well, the dining room is next on the list of rooms to renovate. For those of you keeping count, we have already done the master bedroom, Brady's bedroom, and the kitchen.

The dining room has lovely pink walls and wonderful "Aztec" wallpaper border. To boot, there is a "hack-job" of a mantle. Our plans: Put up a chair rail with wainscotting ont he bottom, painted the ivory we are using throughout the house, and paint the top a nice deep garnet color. The only difficult part of this room is going to be to build a new mantle...something a little fancier. My brother-in-law told me I should paint the bricks white too with some mason paint, but I'm not convinced on this yet. I'm going to have to get some pictures to see what it might look like first.

No comments: