Monday, July 31, 2006

Road Trip #2 Complete!

My brother Jason and I just returned home from our second road trip. He is being reassigned from Colorado Springs to South Korea, and so he wanted to bring his car back to NH for storage for the coming year. You might remember, he and I drove out to CO two years ago.

Well, I didn't have it in me to do the entire trip with him...I flew to Kansas City Saturday, met him there, and we drove the rest of the way back together. Here's what happened:

Saturday night: I got into KC at 1:00pm, and wentg to the hotel. Jason arrived by 6:00pm. We decided to go out into the city to exlore and get a nice KC steak. Despite taking an hour and a half to find a good place, our wait was not a disappointment. It might have been the best steak I've ever had. That night, back at the hotel, we watched a group of 200+ nuns getting trashed at a nuns conference. Yep, Jason wanted to take a picture of the 80-year old nun, dressed up, with Budweiser in hand...I wouldn't let him.
Sunday: We left KC at 8:00am and went through Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, and most of Ohio. We stopped at 10:00pm in Akron, Ohio.
Monday: We were on the road by 7:30am and went through Pennsylvania, News York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts before arriving home at 6:00pm.

The entire trip, from Colorado Springs, took about 2100 miles.

No comments: