Sunday, November 05, 2006

There is a Mouse in my House





This afternoon, a mouse joined us in our living room. Yep, a little brown mouse. He seems to be enojoying living either behind or below our tv, but he spent some time in our kitchen and in our dining room too.

So, out to Home Depot I went. I must say, mouse traps have come a long way since the days of the spring-loaded finger-smashing contraptions. There were humane traps, poison traps, and the one I chose: A glue trap. Basically, it is a big glue pad that will cause the mouse to get his feet and fur caught to the pad. What would draw him there in the first place? Why the glob of peanutbutter, of course. So, I placed 4 of these behind my tv and 2 in the basement below, hoping to catch the guy. We'll see if it pays off.

If it doesn't work, maybe we could borrow Simba for a few days!!!

2 comments:

Princess B said...

He's a quite expensive rental as he hates car rides.
;-)
But I'd say he's more humane (quick) than the glue traps--I hate those things. My office at BU used to have them, and I threw them all away. I didn't want to be the one to find the poor little guy starving to death and stuck. Plus, they never went in my office, only the ones that were left messy.

Brian said...

I caught the mouse last night! Yeah!