Thursday, October 16, 2008

Learning to give back


On Sunday we will be walking in the making strides for Breast Cancer walk in Exeter. Our team name is Steps for Shanna. (My sister Shanna is a two time Breast Cancer survivor) . Our team will be us, of course. Shanna, Dave and Mackenzie and Alyssa. Shanna, Dave, Mackenzie and I went tagging at Walmart a few weeks back, we managed to raise about $400.00. In total with other peoples donations on line we raised about $700.00 Since we knew that Brady and Cameron would not be too ammused with tagging we thought that Brady could help in a different way, He and Brian rolled all the coins that we got and worked on his counting and sorting skills. We told him this money was for people who are sick and really need it. When we went to the bank drop off night last night he told the lady that this was for sick people! I thought that was really sweet. If there is one thing I want my children to learn is to be giving individuals of themeselves, whether it be of their time or money, I want them to learn from an early age that we are truly fortunate to have what we have!

No comments: