Sunday, March 26, 2006

Let This Be a Lesson...



At 5:00pm yesterday, Erica and I were in the kitchen preparing dinner when we heard a loud noise. I looked outside the window and saw a crashed-up minivan in my driveway. There was a BMW on the opposite side of the street. I couldn't believe it! Erica and I ran outside. She checked on both drivers while I called 911. Amazingly, both seemed ok, just in a bit of shock.
Soon after, people started coming from down the street and in cars that were now blocked from passing. The police, fire, and ambulance crews showed up within minutes. The story of what occurred began to emerge. The guy in the BMW was drunk, very drunk, and hit the minivan traveling the opposite way head-on. That's why Erica and I never heard the sound of brakes. The cars: Totaled. What really got me were the empty car seats in the back of the minivan. A horrible drunk driving accident could have led to the death of innocent children right in front of my house, but luckily, it didn't. Let this be a lesson to us all. Stay off the road of you've had too much to drink!

1 comment:

Boston Pam said...

Holy Shit - and I thought I was going to have the most exciting weekend story....

Effin' Drunk Drivers....