Sunday, March 19, 2006

Two Notches Added To My Teaching Belt This Week


I added two more notches to my teaching belt this week while at Andover High School (pictured left).

First the not-so-exciting news: I spoke at my first conference. For the past few years, I and four other teachers from AHS had been working for an education consulting firm in Boston on a new professional learning community model. We have been having quite a bit of success with this model, and last month, I was asked to speak about it at a state-wide math educator conference, called ATMIM. With my laptop & in-focus in hand, I kept a crowd entertained with my friend Brooke. It was fun!

Second: And those of you who know me well probably won't believe me, but I broke up a fight at lunch. Oh yeah, I watched these two senior boys start to go at it in full force right in the middle of the cafe. I didn't have time to react, I just dove right into the middle and pulled them apart. Hahaha....You should have seen me. I actually looked like I knew what I was doing. It was only afterwards that I realized I could have gotten a few punches swung at me too. Oh well, I guess every teacher needs to say they could do something like that.

No comments: