Tuesday, July 19, 2005

How Many Email Addresses Do You Have?


I just finished checking my email. Why is that such a pain? Well, I have three email addresses. You can catch me at:

bstackbu@yahoo.com
bstackbu@hotmail.com
bstack@aps1.net

Why three? Well, it just sort of worked out that way. Yahoo is my main address, all the mail I WANT goes there. Hotmail is my junk address. All the mail I DON'T WANT and a few things I NEED go there. The problem is, I use it when I think some company is going to spam me, but I have to check it because that company might send me something I need. APS1 stands for Andover Public Schools...it is my work address. I wouldn't use this at all, but since everyone in the school system has one of these accounts, parents and teachers alike just send me stuff to that address assumming I check it. So, I have to keep on top of that site too.

So, I got to wondering, why not just forward everything to one account? I have one US Mail box at my house, and it sends me everything I WANT and everything I DON'T WANT. Why should it be any different for email?

I'm stumped. Thoughts?

1 comment:

Boston Pam said...

And now everyone in the world has your email so you can get all kinds of junk in all three accounts.

Good Plan my friend.