Sunday, July 24, 2005

Movie Review: Charlie & The Chocolate Factory


I'll admit, I was a bit skeptical of this movie from the previews. I'm not really a big Tim Burton fan, and I thought the movie was going to be a little dark and creepy.

Not so at all. There were parts of this movie that I thought made it better than the 1971 original. I would recommend you see this at some point, whether in theaters or as a rental.

Without giving away any important surprises (and there are a few), the remake movie spends a little more time developing the Willy Wonka character, and there are a few characters that were not in the other movie (such as Charlie Bucket's father).

All around, decent flick. Check it out.

2 comments:

Boston Pam said...

The Doc and I saw this film yesterday and we thought it was cute. Johnny Depp was surprisingly good and not too Michael Jackson creepy. I am happy because I am a Tim Burton fan.

Not sure what surprises you speak of but overall not bad. I would wait til it comes out on rental, but it is still worth seeing.

Brian said...

No MAJOR surprises, but a few small ones.

Pam, do you know if this movie was closer to the book?