Friday, December 28, 2007

I've Lost Erica's Car!!!!

I'm so mad! This afternoon, I parked Erica's car on Main Street in Haverhill and went to get my teeth cleaned. While I was in the waiting room, an elderly guy pulled out of the Social Security Office across the street, then decided to pull a U-turn on Main Street. He ended up slamming into another car, and that driver slammed into Erica's parked car, sending it forward into a snowbank about thirty feet ahead. That car was then lodged under my car. So, I have damage to both ends of Erica's car, and it had to be taken away by flatbed because it couldn't be driven.

Now I'm waiting to hear from the police with their report so I can try to file a claim with the other driver's insurance. I can't decide if I'd be happier if they totaled the car or not. We just bought it in 2004 brand new, and we have less than 35,000 miles on it. I still owe a year and a half on the car. I'd be pissed if I don't get enough $$ from the insurance agency for the car of it is totaled. Our plan was to buy a new car for me once we paid Erica's off in a year. If we have to buy a new car now, I don't think my car will make it another fiver years.

Grrr.....

No comments: