Monday, December 10, 2007

Lumbah-Jack Stack!

So, I got a few quotes to get a tree removed last year that looked like it was starting to die. Their price was a little steep, so I decided to try to put it off another year. I was a little worried though, because it was a big tree, and if it could fell, it could easily crush a car in the driveway, or, worse yet, fall on my garage.

Well, Erica called me at Sanborn today to tell me the tree came crashing to the ground, missing the house and the power lines. But, the tree was completely covering the driveway blocking all access to the garage, leaving a car stuck there.

So, I came home from work and set out to cut the tree up. With the help of a neighbor and a chainsaw, we made quick work of the tree, and as you can see, only piles of wood remained after a couple of hours. I put an ad on Craig's List for free wood, and within the hour someone had responded. What a day!





4 comments:

Christina said...

Thank goodness that tree did not fall on the house... Hey Brian, do you have any photos of you cutting it up? Did you wear a red-and-black checkered flannel? Sorry, just had to jab some fun in there!!

Brian said...

hahaha...no, I did NOT take any pics of me, ahhahahaha

Princess B said...

Lumber Jack...Farmer...Dad...Chef Brown--you do it all!
If only you could breast feed!

Erica said...

I second the breastfeeding thing!